Well, yesterday I got the hummelbird moved into the new workspace. It only has airplane building stuff in it. So I feel a little better bout it. I will be getting an extra toolbox/ benchtop table though to help spread out my tools a little better. Power is an issue, but my 2200 watt generator should be up to the task. I plan on running the extension cords Thursday, and to be back to building by then as well.
I also started the new job this past week as well. It pays a lot more. So money isn't an issue anymore either. I can afford everything on the plane much faster than I can build it.
Today has been pretty productive. Kaley and I cut some templates for the "c" to "b", and "b" to "a" skins. We also rough cut the skins and fit them up. In addition we put about 50 rivets in the tailcone skin.
This week is the big move. Good and bad news there. I'm happy we are moving in together, but there isn't a way to work on the project at the apartment. So I rented a storage unit today, and bought a 2,200 watt inverter. Hangars at the airport are unavailable. I lucked out though. The entrance to the airport hangars is directly across the street from the exit of the storage units. I rented the biggest one they have. Which is next to that exit. This all happened purely by chance. Luckily, both gates are wide enough to fit the airplane through. All I'll have to do is put the wings on and cross the street.
Monday I start my new job
Over the last 10 days I have bent, cut, fit,and cleco'd siderails, and top motor bracket into place. Currently I m waiting on all the nuts, bolts, rivets, and washers etc... The things I have left to do is making templates for c to be, and b to a. Then cutting and fitting those skins.