Got the plane back together and ran it. Ran great compared to before. Then did the differential pressure test three of four exhaust valves were not seating properly. Clearance was correct. So we pulled the heads and all the valves. It’s gonna need a valve job. The were all pretty pitted. However cylinder 1 was 79/80.
so now I’m deciding what I want to do. Either get a new set of heads or have these fixed, maybe both...
either way firewall forward is much better, and my static rpm is a bit higher.
Almost done. Just have to put the magneto back on and make a oil hose since we relocated the transducer. It really hasn’t mattered that the plane has been down so long. Weather has been crap.
Pulled the cylinders, had a look in the engine. We were very pleased, no corrosion or pitting on the cam or crank. Pistons and rings look good. So we cleaned everything up and put the cylinders pushrod tubes and head back on. Took about 3.5 hours taking our time prepping.
a few more hours to button everything back up and I’ll be flying again.