Various bits 12/26/17
fit the new bulkhead. I was able to get it into place and cut the lower motor mount braces, front bottom stringer, gussets, and a couple brackets in about an hour as well as get most of the bends complete. The shear is an amazing tool to have.
i also ordered some more .025 alclad sheet for the skins and clear Mylar for pattern making. I’m sort of up a creek this week until more metal arrives so I’ll try to get brackets made and start on the wing rib blanks.
“Bulkhead B” 12/19/17
remade bulkhead b. It is a bit too short in the plans. So I extended it .25 inches below the centerline. As of 12/24/17 it has been fit up and fits perfectly. The .25 inches is not some arbitrary number. It was measured in CAD after I saw the issue in the build.
the only problem now is I will have to remake the b to c skin since I didn’t notice the issue until after I cut it out.
Hello I'm Adam Hied, 31 years old and I am slowly building a hummelbird